Monday, March 3, 2008

The First Sign of Spring

So, we have all been sick at our house (except for Wyatt), and today I was feeling lousy. It was one of those days where you just want to curl up on the couch and not move. Well it just so happens that is was also the first warm day in quite a while. Wyatt had gone to the park with his friend, and I was feeling guilty because McKartnee had been watching TV all day, so I finally dragged myself off the couch and took McKartnee and Walker outside. I am so glad that I did! It was such a beautiful day. It felt like spring. I think it got upto 65 degrees.

When I went to get McKartnee's bike out of the shed, I saw these flowers. It made me so happy, because I am soooo ready for spring!! This time of year is always hard. I feel like we get tormented. We get a taste of good weather and then it turns freezing cold again. Last week it was in the teens here, then today was 65, tomorrow is supposed to be 67, but then by this weekend it is supposed to go back down to 40 degrees. Atleast it is March, and we know warm weather is not far off. Plus it could be worse, I could be in Utah where it snowed yesterday. J/K

This was Walkers first time in our outside swing. As you can see, he loved every minute of it.

I think McKartnee was just happy to be out of the house.
Me too!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

I have daffodils sprouting in my front yard, so spring can't be too far away, right? Glad you guys got to get out of the house. It was fairly warm all last week, so we tried to soak it all up. The girls would get mad when we had to go back inside. When are you coming to Utah next?

Brandon and Amber said...

Don't think that I'm blogger-smart! I'm just like you and ask people how they do things. I got my template off a website my cousin-in-law told me about: www.cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com

They have some free ones and some you pay for. They can also customize yours for you, but it costs $$$! I am all about free!

estinger said...

Send spring this way...my poor child has been cooped up in the house for MONTHS! I'm done done done with the snow! Cute pictures of the kids - Walker is getting so big!!!

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Walker is so cute and so big! What a good mom you are to get out of bed when you're feeling lousy. (Like you have a choice, right?!) Hope you all feel better soon and can enjoy Spring.

Hyrum Virl Osmond said...

Ame's!! you have three kids!!! You guys look great. Send me your email and I'll get you on to our private family blog. hyrum.osmond@gmail.com