Friday, March 7, 2008

Wyatt's First Date

Wyatt and I went on our date the other night. We had a great time. We went to the toy store, and looked at every toy there was to see, and then went out to eat at Chilli's. One of our deep conversations of the night went like this...
Me: Hey Wyatt, what do you think I can do to be a better mom?
Wyatt: Get a new mouth.
Me: A new mouth?
Wyatt: Yes, a new mouth.
Me: How do you think that will help me be a better mom?
Wyatt: I don't know, it just will.

Great, not only do I have my list to work on of being more patient, spending more one on one time, reading to them more, having regular scripture study, etc., etc ( the list goes on), but now I have to get a new mouth. Oh the logic of a four year old.

For those of you who watch American Idol, what did you think about the top twelve? The girls that left, were the ones that I would have picked, even though I liked Asia'h.
For the boys, I would have picked Luke, but I totally would have picked Chikezie over Danny. Even though Danny was a little annoying, and very over the top and in your face about his lifestyle, I liked him. In my opinion he was much more entertaining than Chikezie.
I think that David Archuleta will take it all, and I hope he does. He is the cutest kid ever, and he is so humble. I love him!! I can't help but smile when I watch him. I also really like Michael Johns.
For the girls I like Brooke, and I hope she does well. I also love Ramielle. She has an amazing voice. The one that I don't understand though is Amanda Overmyer. Does anybody else agree with me that the girl can not sing? I always think that the judges are going to trash her, and they always love it. I guess it is just not my style.
Well those are my predictions. What do you think?

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

That is an awesome first date story! If you ever figure out the new mouth thing let me know. Hilarious! I'm going to tell Dave that story. Speaking of A.I., I unfortunately have only caught little bits here and there thus far. I like when it gets to the top 12 because then I feel like I can actually have fun choosing who I like. I have seen David A. sing part of one song though, and I agree he's so squishy cute. So, for now...let's say him.

The Burke Family said...

I love that you took him on a date, that is so CUTE!!! They are so much fun when they are alone one on one!!! Sweet Boy! Brook and David A. are my favs!!! I think that I am a little partial to David though, because of where he is from hehe!!! I just think both of them are dolls!! I agree with you about Amanda. what is up w/her?

Doug and Shayla said...

What a cute first date! The part about getting a new mouth had me rolling. Where do they come up with these things? :)

estinger said...

I'm so glad you're an Idol fan...let's talk about it ALL THE TIME! My top 3 are David Archuletta, Brooke White and Jason Castro. I'm totally with you on Amanda - who is voting for her??? I also have never shed so many tears of joy as I did when Danny got voted off, that couldn't have happened too soon!

Oh and that story about your new mouth made me laugh my head off...what a funny thing to say. I think you have a great mouth!

Johnsons said...

Em, I love Jason too. I think that he looks like a young John Travolta. I loved his song last week.

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Sassy new site Ginger! Did the chick help you create it? Or did you do all the fancy name stuff on your own? Very pretty.

Johnsons said...

No, she did it. I tried to mess around with it, but finally sucked it up and had her do it.

Kent & Beka said...

Watched my first dose of AI this week. Don't remember names of who I loved, but I'm on the anti Amanda wagon. must just not be my style. And I am also relieved that David is gone.
LOVE the new layout, Ging! SO cute!
And I love hearing about 4 year old conversations. They are so...off the wall! You are so great to take him out!