Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I love This Little Guy!!!


Wyatt is going through such a sweet phase right now. Somebody once told me that kids behavior goes in six month cycles, six months good then six months bad. I totally believe that. Wyatt is definitely going through the six months of good behavior . Too bad I can't say the same for McKartnee, but I guess she is two, so what can I expect right? Wyatt has been my big helper. He loves to make Mckartnee and Walker laugh, and these are a few of the things that Wyatt has done lately, that have completely melted me. First off, we had the kids save up their own money to buy souvenir's in Florida. Wyatt of course wanted to spend all of his at Gatorland. He picked out two things, and he had enough money to pick out one more small thing. He walked over to the magnets, and asked if he had enough for an alligator magnet. He did so we helped him count out his money, and he went up and paid for it all by himself. I was so proud of him. When we walked out of the gift store, he gave me the magnet and said "Mom, I got this for you because I knew you would love it". How sweet is that.
Then while we were at Disney World, I didn't realize how cool it got at night, and thus I hadn't brought warm enough clothes for Walker. I sent Jimmy into a gift store to buy one of those big beach towels so that we could use it as a blanket. Wyatt went with him to help him pick it out. They both came out with big smiles on their faces, but wouldn't tell me why. We went on to the rides and I forgot about it. The next night we were at the hotel, and Wyatt got another big smile on his face and went and whispered something in Jimmy's ear. Jimmy reached in his bag and pulled something out. Wyatt brought it over to me, and it was a pair of Mickey Mouse earings that he had picked out for me. Jimmy said that in the gift store Wyatt said "just a minute Dad ", he walked over to the earings , grabbed them, and said "Dad I think I need to get these for mom". Jimmy told me "how do you say no to that?"
One last thing, last night Jimmy's dad and brother came over, and we were all just talking and Wyatt said "mom can we go on a date" Jimmy looked at me and said "Wow, it's been a long time since you've been asked out, you better go" So this weekend I am going to take my little man out on a date. What a sweet boy, he is going to make some lucky girl very happy one day!!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

He must get those sweet notions from watching his parents. You guys are teaching him well. What a sweet guy. You know Scout will be available to date in about 14 1/2 years. =)

Brandon and Amber said...

Aaawww! He must love his mom a ton! He is going to be one popular ladies' man!

estinger said...

Oh my gosh, he is just so sweet - talk about melting your heart! I totally believe the 6 month cycle thing too...I'm on the bum end of bad one! I'm so glad you posted that story about Wyatt, since I don't get to see you guys, I love to read about you!!!

Doug and Shayla said...

What a sweetheart. Those moments make all of the "hard 6 month cycles" totally worth it. It sounds like you guys have taught him well. I really like the idea of having them earn their own money for souvenirs, I will have to try that.

Michelle Arnett said...

That has got to be the cutest boy ever. . . I hope that one day my 2 year old is sweet like that too! I can hardly get him to cuddle for a split second. I have also heard that kido's go through 6 month cycles. I hope that Spencer's 6 month cycle is almost over-it's been about 5 months! I'll keep my fingers crossed, but he is 2. Have a great day!

Kelsie said...

So sweet! What a darling boy (is it OK to use "darling" to describe a boy? :) I just know girl stuff.)

The Burke Family said...

That is so sweet!!! I can believe that you have a sweet son look at who his mother is!! You are as sweet as ever!!! Are you serious about the six month thing because I think all of my kids are going are going through the six months of bad right now, especially the twins!!! I honestly don't know if I am going to survive! Maybe your mom can give me some twin advice?

Johnsons said...

NelLyn,
I always thought that I wanted twins until I had kids and realized all that goes into it. Now I admire anybody who has twins. I hope that it will get easier as they get a little bit older. You should call my mom, she may have some pointers for you. Good luck!!

Team Pettijohn said...

Aw..I love that story! So do you think that in 20 years we can set him up with Hazel? :-)

Arielle said...

McKartnee a brat? Yah right, i don't believe it. She's too sweet and cute.

Anonymous said...

I had never heard the 6 month cycle thing but I SOOO believe it... you have a cute little family!