Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Is Anybody Else Disapointed????


OK, I probably sound like a TV junkie, but really I am not. We watch three shows. American Idol, Lost and the Office.
The Office is one of my all time favorite shows. I love it, but I have to say that this season has been a little disappointing to me. You would think that with the writers strike, they would have had time to come up with some really great ideas, but it looks as if they just took a long vacation. Well it is time to clean out the cobwebs, and start making us laugh again! There have been a few things that have really bothered me.
1. There is a reason it is called "The Office", so lets keep the show filmed there. Not Michael Scott's house, or Dance clubs/Ryan's apartment.
2. Speaking of Ryan, he just needs to go away. He is so not funny, and is a horrible actor, and this new storyline of him on drugs is lame.
3. Get off the topic of SEX! It seems like they are trying to make it just like all the other shows out there, by adding all the garbage. NEWSFLASH: It doesn't need it!! It is more funny without it.
On a happier note, I love the Jim and Pam story line, and I loved the second episode of the season because of that, but the other two episodes have been a disappointment for me. There have been some funny things, but not the typical Office, that has me rolling from beginning to end.
Is anybody else with me on this one?

6 comments:

Arielle said...

Oh my gosh we couldn't agree more! We are loyal office fans but this season sorta sucks. Jonesy always predicted the show would be lame when Jim and Pam finally hooked up. Did you watch Lost? I'm nervous that Ben will kill Desmond's girlfriend penny. I thought this last one was a little too dramatic. I'm sure getting picky with my tv shows.

Johnsons said...

I agree lost is getting a little too crazy, but I can't stop watching now, because I am dying to see how it all ends. I have a feeling it is going to be a disappointment though. I hope that Penny doesn't die. Ben is so creepy!!

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Love, love The Office. I agree with you. I was so excited to have it back on that I've barely cared. But, the last episode was pretty lame with the whole Ryan thing. Way too serious for that show. Isn't Ryan one of the writers for the Office? Maybe that explains his serious turn in the show. I have to say though that I loved when Jim pretended to "tie his shoe" in the last episode. I still think their story line is cute. And I love that they are now the uncool couple in the office. I'm so happy because I have actually been able to watch the last couple of episodes. Normally I have to wait for them on DVD because my kids go to bed then and we don't have DVR. I love to have a fellow Office junkie. I love Lost too, but am way behind and haven't even see all of last season, which I heard when a little weird.

Team Pettijohn said...

We are totally on the same page...Matt and I love the office. Ryan's storyline is totally lame...I think he is one of the main writers and should stick to that. I'm so glad that it is back on though.

estinger said...

I am COMPLETELY with you...I'm so glad you feel the same way too. I almost felt blasphemous just thinking it at first - but the more episodes I see I am getting more and more disappointed. I think one of the problems is that Ryan (B.J. Novack) is a writer and producer so he always writes himself in...when actually, he'd be doing us all a favor if he'd just write himself OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Johnsons said...

How about we all go on strike against Ryan?
Katie, even though it is a little weird, Lost is totally worth catching up on.