Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yet another "2" moment

A couple of my friends have been blogging about their daughters that are younger than McKartnee. They are already showing interest in, and are successfully being potty trained. I have been very impressed, because Mckartnee has no interest in being potty trained at all. The only time that I can get her to sit on the potty is when she gets in the tub, and even at that it is for like two seconds. I always try to make it fun, and reward her, but still no interest. I haven't wanted to force her and make it a negative experience, so I have been fine with just waiting until she shows more signs of being ready.
Well, I am now really hoping that this will be soon. She is at the stage where she does not want to keep her clothes on. She probably changes her clothes 5 times a day. If she takes her pants off she always takes her diaper off too, which she thinks is hilarious. She always says "Look mom, I naked". I keep explaining to her that if she doesn't want to wear her diaper anymore, she needs to learn to go potty in the big girl potty. Until then she has to keep her diaper on. Each time that she takes it off, I ask her "do you have to go potty?" She will say no, so I will always put her diaper and her clothes back on. This morning we went through the whole routine again. When she said that she didn't have to go potty, I went to get her diaper. She ran and hid in my closet (her favorite hiding place) and peed on the floor. Grrrrrrrr!! I have the feeling that it is not going to be an easy feat to potty train this girl.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

Oh Amy, I'm sorry! I wouldn't have been so mad! I think my Amy only likes the potty because she idolizes Samantha so much and wants to be just like her. Samantha showed interest at 18 months and I didn't pursue it and then paid for it until a year later. It was hard to get her to go, but we just had to keep at it. I think when MacKartnee is ready, she will let you know. It can be frustrating waiting for that moment though! Good luck!

The Burke Family said...

Amy Just have her watch "Jon & Kate plus 8" that is all it took to potty train the twins. I just went out a bought a cute pink potty chair and I let the girls pick out some panties and I made a HUGE deal about it. Also I gave them treats everytime they tried to go. Good Luck girl, when you try just be persistant!

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Don't take my post for anything. It was a cute moment and she has done it some more times, but I am not pursuing it. I really need to, but we got sick right after she was doing it. I kind of lost heart. My 3 year old is still in diapers, so training Scout would be a miracle! You've already trained one kid, you'll be fine!

Kent & Beka said...

Ohhhhh- potty training. One of the wonderful joys of motherhood. I had it easy with Tyse, so I am sure I am in for a monster one of these times! FOr now I just can't wait for emitt to get trained so he doesn't throw poop laden diapers he has removed himself down the hall while I am on the phone. I can't take much more of that, so we are going to start trying soon...
She sounds like one of those "I do it on my own terms" kinda girls. I have a neice like that- best of luck! If anyone can get it to work, you can!

Spencer said...

Don't worry, Sierra had the same problems with me when we first got married.

estinger said...

Annie was the SAME way...I knew she COULD do it, she just wouldn't. I finally gave up because I knew it would be a power struggle and drive me nuts. So the day AFTER her 3rd birthday she woke up and announced to me that she would no longer be wearing diapers - and since then she hasn't. If McKartnee is anything like Annie, she'll do it when she's good and ready and when SHE decides!!!

Anonymous said...

mum I would love some nakedpics or video of her, nice close ups of her littlepussy please