Saturday, April 5, 2008

From the mouth of Babes

As I am using my blog in place of a journal for the most part, I want to start remembering some of the things that my kids say and do that make me laugh.
I will start with just a few of the things that Wyatt said as he was just learning to talk that had us rolling. He used F in place of some of his other letters. He called smartees "farties". All of Jimmy's brothers loved that one. We have a creek that we like to walk down to by our house, and he would always say "I want to go to the freak". He loved lollipops during this time, and I had to be very careful to call them lollipops. Every time I heard somebody say sucker I would cringe in fear of what he would call it. Luckily he stuck with lollipop.
McKartnee loves the song Santa Clause is coming to town. She is still singing it every day. She always says "You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you Wyatt." I think she seriously thinks that song was written for her brother. It is pretty cute.
Jimmy when he was younger used to always call the National Monument a pencil, because he thought it looked like one. He has told our kids that, and the other day when we were driving into DC, Wyatt said very excitedly " Mom I see it, I see it, I see Pennsylvania."
I dropped my kids off at one of my friends houses last week to have a play date while I ran errands. When I came back McKartnee kept saying "Mom, I scared of the Germans" I kept trying to figure out what she was saying, but that was all that I heard. Finally I said "show mommy". She took me into her friends room and showed me her pet Gerbils.
I love kids and the funny things that they say as they are learning to express themselves. Although I work with them to say things the right way, it always makes me sad when they actually start doing it.

9 comments:

Arielle said...

My older sister used to sing You're So Vain to me and I always thought she had made it up just for me. It made me so mad.

Team Pettijohn said...

Super cute stories...kids are so funny. There's lots of times when I wish I could know what Hazel is thinking because she does such random, hilarious things. Matt and I both totally thought your april fools joke was hilarious. He also always comments on how cute your youngest is with that beanie on, he is pretty stinkin' cute.

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

I was laughing out loud reading the part about the lollipops. So funny! And the Germans! Ha! Isn't it sad that the only time I (and maybe you) have actually kept a journal was when I knew someone may read it. Blogs are the best. It's incentive to keep track of things if you know there are people out there who care when you post something new.

Amberly said...

Amy, call me again girl! I can't find your phone #!

estinger said...

I LOVE the stuff kids come up with! I was lauging my head off reading those.

Candi and kids said...

Amy, your kids are so cute. I hate that you live so far away, I never see you. Remember when your car was on fire at Bunco??? That was so classic!!!

Candi and kids said...

I forgot to ask you did you make your template it is so cute, I am completely illiterate when it comes to bloggin

Tashina said...

Way cute!! The other day we were driving home from church and Landon was pointing out all our favorite primary songs, he said, "my favorite song is Child of God, and mommies is If the Savior Stood Beside Me, dad what's yours?" Brian said he was Child of God too, and Landon asked why? All Brian could come up with is, "because." Then we asked Landon why it was his favorite song and he said, "because it makes me feel close to Jesus." Our children are so special. I wish I was as childlike as they are. Thanks for always being there.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.