Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Grandma Came To Town

Last week my mom, sister and brother came to visit us. We were so excited to have them come. We had a great time while they were here. The kids were in heaven, and got spoiled rotten. They were only here for four days, but we had great weather, and were able to do a lot of fun things.
We went into DC to see the cherry blossoms, and all of the monuments, went to the circus, went back to DC to see different museums, went to a Braves/Nationals game (luckily the Braves won), and went to Mount Vernon.
It is hard at times to live so far away from our friends and family, so it was so nice to have them come. We were sad when the week came to an end. Thanks for coming guys we sure had a fun time.
Any of you are welcome to come and visit any time, we love having company!! There is so much to do out here, and most of it for free.

5 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

How fun! I love when Grandmas come to town! We would love to come visit--Brandon has never been back east. In fact, his brother was talking about a possible job in D.C. and how fun it would be to live there for a couple years. Maybe one day we can be neighbors! :)

Team Pettijohn said...

Sounds like you had fun...you never know, there is a big chance that Matt could be stationed there someday so I may take you up on the visit. For some reason I can't get my family to visit me here. It doesn't help that my mom is afraid of flying.

estinger said...

We're coming in September and staying with Margie - unless you want us :) I can't wait! I would die if I lived 3000 miles away from my mom, I'm glad she got to come visit!!!

Kelsie said...

Oh, I love D.C. How fun to be there amongst it all. And isn't it so nice to have grandmas?! I'm glad they could come visit.

The Burke Family said...

I bet your mom had such a great time! I don't know how you do it girl, living so far away from your mom. I don't know if I could do it, all though sometimes it would be nice to live a little further away!! Miss you!