Thursday, May 1, 2008

What Are The Chances?

My kids have had way too much energy lately! They are bouncing off the walls. McKartnee is also at the stage of trying to give up her nap. On the days that I make her take her nap, she won't go to sleep until around 10:30, and when she doesn't take one, she falls asleep right when her head hits the pillow, but she is also cranky-bo-panky all evening!
I have been trying to get them out of the house to do more things, because when I don't, it just turns to them arguing here at home, and then none of us are happy. Today we got up and I checked the weather, and it said: partly cloudy, with a high of 67, and a 20 percent chance of rain. We decided that we would go to Great Falls Park, have a picnic and do a scavenger hunt. We made our list of things we would find, drew the pictures, and then colored them. We packed up and took off. It wasn't super warm out, but with jackets on we would be fine. Well, I start driving up the road, and it starts sprinkling. I thought with a 20 percent chance, it would just sprinkle a little bit and then be gone, so we went up to the park (a 20 minute drive). We decided to eat in the car and see if the rain would stop, but 40 minutes later it was still raining. I should have been a good mom and still let them still do the scavenger hunt in the rain, but instead I brought two sad kids home, and now it is on the agenda for tomorrow, and hopefully it won't rain. Now it is an hour later, it is sunny and warm outside. What are the chances right? That is just my luck!

4 comments:

elowe said...

That sounds like what we go through everyday!! It's hard when we're all driving each other crazy and it's raining outside. When the sun does shine we go for a walk or bike ride and then it starts to rain and we're drenched by the time we get home:) What a great idea with the scavenger hunt. You're very creative!!

Johnsons said...

Actually, I am so uncreative that I had to buy a book called 365 activities you and your child will love. It has some really cute ideas though. I really felt like I was in a rut, so I am liking the new Ideas.

Doug and Shayla said...

I like the idea of a scavenger hunt. You are always trying such fun things. We have the same problem with naps here. Sometimes I strategically take the kids on a drive so that they can have a little nap to help get them through the rest of the day. But, sometimes that backfires too, and they're still cranky! :)

The Burke Family said...

Thats sounds so fun! I'm sorry that you guys had a bad day! There is nothing worse then your kids getting their hopes up and plans getting ruined. I hate it when that happens because then you have to listen to the kids cry and whine because you have promised them something that you can't follow through with because of something that is totally out of your control.(at least thats how it is here, your kids are still small so maybe you don't have to go through that torture yet)I wish you lived closer I miss ya!