Saturday, May 31, 2008

McLean Day / Memorial Day

I am so far behind in blogging. I have been a real slacker lately. The weekend before last was McLean Day. While it was nothing like Payson Onion Days, it was still fun, and the kids had a great day. We didn't take many pictures, but they rode on the merry-go-round several times, they did the pony rides, and Wyatt even won a goldfish. He named his fish Lava Gills, and was really into him for the first couple of days. The fish started turning brown, and wasn't looking too hot, so I flushed him down the toilet before we had a dead fish to deal with. Luckily he hasn't even noticed.
For Mem
orial Day, it is a tradition for all of Jimmy's family to go to Kings Dominion. It was such a fun day, but I am a big loser and forgot my camera. Wyatt was tall enough this year to go on a couple of the big rides. He loved them. He would just giggle the whole time. It was very cute. McKartnee hated the rides that went up high. I think she may be afraid of heights, but she loved these big monster trucks that went around a big track. One of the many times that she went on it, I couldn't see her in any of the trucks. There was one truck that all you could see was a big hat, but I didn't think it was her, because she didn't have a hat. Well it turned out to be her. She had found a hat in the truck and put it on, but it covered up her whole face. She didn't seem to mind.
This was the first year that I wasn't pregnant or with a newborn, so I was even able to ride some of the rides. It was great.
I have to tell a story about Wyatt that happened while we were there. Wyatt has always been a little headstrung, he knows what he wants, and he goes after it.. This makes things difficult a lot of times because he wont take no for an answer. While we were there, his two girl cousins went into the girls bathroom by themselves(because the one is older), so he was determined that he was going into the boys bathroom by himself. We ended up playing tug of war, and he was getting very upset. I kneeled down to explain to him why he couldn't go in by himself, and as I was talking, he said "Blah-blah, blah-blah, blah-blah". I was so shocked and mad!! I didn't even know what to say. He felt bad after, but said that he couldn't remember where he heard it. He is 4 years old, not 8 or 9. He was lucky we were at the park, or he would still be in his room today.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kent & Beka said...

I know your pain- can they really say some of these things when they are $? I think that Tyse and Wyatt seem so similar- I'm glad to know someone who understands the pain sometimes...

Johnsons said...

Beka, I have thought that they seem similar too from reading your posts. Too bad we don't live closer,I think they would be good buddies. That could be double trouble though.