Monday, May 5, 2008

Wyatt: "I Feel Something Inside"

We had a great, fun filled weekend with family. Jimmy's sister Kim just had a baby last month, and they came down here this weekend from New York to bless baby Brady. He is such a cute little guy, and he received a very sweet blessing. We love when they come down. They are so much fun to be around, and the kids all have so much fun together.
During fast and testimony meeting, we had a lot of family stand up to bear their testimonies. Both of Jimmy's parents did, Kim did, and his little brother Justin did. Wyatt was listening more intently than he does on other weeks. He leaned over to Jimmy and asked what a testimony was. While Jimmy was telling him, he said "Dad I feel something inside" Jimmy explained that it was the spirit telling him the church was true. He asked if he could go up and bear his testimony. Now I know that we are asked to not have our kids go up if they still need help, but after that, how can you say no. He was so proud going up there, and he did a great job. It is moments like this that really melt my heart as a mom.

14 comments:

estinger said...

That is the sweetest thing! Aren't these kids amazing, they are spiritual giants - they need to be!!!

Team Pettijohn said...

Can I just tell you how much I love Wyatt!!! I would of totally choked up if my kid said that!

Johnsons said...

Ya, the water works were going for sure!

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

That is so adorable. He is such a little man. We are proud of him for being so brave to go up! Oddly enough Linc told me that he wanted to go up this Sunday too. Although, his was just so that he could get up and yell in the mic. =)

Johnsons said...

I would have laughed so hard!! I love Linc.

Tashina said...

Wyatt is such a sweet heart. I love when they start to recognize the spirit. Landon tells me he has a burning in his heart. The other day his leg fell asleep and he said it was sparkling.

Arielle said...

When I read the title of this post, I thought you were going to say you are pregnant.

Johnsons said...

No, I think if that were that case you would have to visit me in the loony bin. Not that I don't want any more, but I think if I had four this close together, it would push me over the edge. I really admire mom's that have one after another because I don't think i could do it.

Johnsons said...

Tashina, Landon is so smart for his age! He is such a cutie.

Em, It is scary how much they need to be spiritual giants. I just want to keep them little forever.

Heather Cervantes said...

It's amazing how one day you look over and your little boy is growing up into this amazing person. They truly are spiritual giants.

Kent & Beka said...

What a great story. I don't think Tyse has ever paid that close of attention in testimony meeting to even notice!
That is great that he was so brave!

Kelsie said...

So sweet! What a good little boy ... of course, since he has such good parents!

Brandon and Amber said...

Holy cow, he is such a big boy! I would have been balling my eyes out for sure!

Here's a fun fact...my brother and sister-in-law are moving to DC and they actually know your sister-in-law, Callie, who is trying to help them find a place to live. And, I think you went to hair school with her. Check out Joe and Jana's link on my blog to see. We will definately have to plan a trip out to see everyone soon!

Beck said...

Amy how are you! Your family is beautiful. I cant believe how big your little girl is I was picturing her a baby still. Time flies. Tyler just graduated preschool and starts Kindergarten in the Fall. He is soooo exited! Its all he talks about. Asher is a little feisty little 2 year old but so cute. Im 18 weeks now. I cant believe we're having 3, Im nervous :) But we find out June 4th what we're having so I will keep you posted for sure!