Sunday, May 4, 2008

They had "Pet Day" out at the Reston Town Center Mall. It is an outdoor mall, and everybody could bring their pets on leashes. They had concerts going on, face paintings, and all different tents set up with pet supplies, and information about pets.
My kids thought that it was the coolest thing ever. They were in heaven. They seriously ran from dog to dog petting each one. They had no fear at all, and some of the dogs they played with were just as big if not bigger than they were. Wyatt loves dalmations, and was so excited when he finally saw one. He ran right up to it, and it gave him a big slobbery kiss on the face. It was pretty funny.
I have to say that I almost wanted a dog after leaving. There was the cutest baby sharpee. I was really glad that it wasn't for sale, because it was so cute that I probably would have bought it, and then had buyers remorse this morning.
Before we left we let the kids get their face painted. I thought that there was no way McKartnee would sit still long enough to get it done, but she did great. They turned out really cute. Wyatt was a dinosaur, and McKartnee was a butterfly.
We had a fun filled day.

3 comments:

Kelsie said...

I love the face paintings--so cool! I can't believe how detailed they are. What a fun day!

Kent & Beka said...

I am so glad that dog wasn't for sale... for your sanity! Although I am a dog lover, I will be more of a dog-lover owner in a few years- when things (people) are a little older!
Love the picture of Wyatt with his dalmation!

Johnsons said...

Beka, I am glad too, because the desire is already gone. I am such an impulse buyer. I need to remember this for next time.