Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rehoboth Beach

We did a family beach trip this last weekend at Rehoboth Beach in Deleware. It is only about 3 hours away. Wyatt absolutely loved the water this year. He stayed in the ocean almost the whole time we were there. McKartnee loved the water at first, but then she was content just playing in the sand. Little Walker did not like the water at all, but loved the sand. He had it all over. He kept getting on his hands and then would rub his little eyes. Through it all though, he stayed pretty happy.

Here is Wyatt's fu manchu from the foam in the waves.


Here is our little mermaid in the sand. She kept wanting more and more sand on her, and at one point she had so much sand that she couldn't move her legs, and she panicked a little.

This was Walker's first time to the beach. My other kids loved the waves and the water, but he was not having any of it.



They have a Funland on the board walk. It was just as big of a hit as the beach itself was.


Thumbs up!

McKartnee's version of tumbs up.



Jimmy's brother and his family were there too, (we kindof crashed their party) so we met up with them at the beach and had a great time.

We only end up going to the beach a couple of times each year, and with it being so close we keep saying that we are going to go more. Hopefully we can and will. While it is not as relaxing as it used to be before kids, it is still one of my favorite places to be.

5 comments:

Katie C said...

I love beaches with boardwalks. I'm glad that your kids are being introduced to the ocean early. They will love it forever!

Brandon and Amber said...

How fun! I am jealous that you went to the beach! We are headed to California in about a week and Samantha has been begging me to go to the beach so she can play with her bucket and shovel. You guys look like you had a great time!

Kelsie said...

So fun! I wish we lived closer to a beach. And ... I've never heard of Rehoboth Beach, but I find it interesting because there was a town called Rehoboth in Namibia, where I served my mission. Anyway ... glad you had a fun trip!

Beck said...

So fun! I love the beach. It has been forever since Ive seen you guys. Do you have any trips planned for Ut soon? It would be fun for you to meet Alli this fall :)

The Burke Family said...

That looks like so much fun! We love the beach and wish that we lived closer to one I think we would go all the time.