Sunday, July 20, 2008

Walkers First Birthday









Walker turned one last Monday.  It is hard to believe that it has already been a year .  We had a very simple family party for him on Sunday.   As you can see in the pictures, he was more interested in the dog than his presents at first.  He wasn't very interested in the cake at first either.  The older cousins and Wyatt wanted him to dig in, so they decided to show him how it was done.  

He is at such a fun stage right now, and is learning a lot.  I absolutely love this stage!  He says mama, dada, uh-uh for uh-oh,  and the sweetest one is Je Je for Jesus.  We have officially hit the hall duty stage of church, and when he is fussy, I try to distract him with the pictures on the wall.  I always point out Jesus, and now every time we walk by a picture whether it is a Jesus picture or not, he says Je Je.   He loves to play catch, and I have to say for his age he has a pretty good little arm on him.  (he gets that from dad)  He also loves any car that he can push around.  He is such a sweet little guy, and some of my favorite times of the day are when I go to get him out of his crib in the morning or after his naps.  Right when I walk in the door, his little face lights up and he gives me the biggest smile.  We are so lucky to have him in our family.  Happy birthday little man!  We love you!

8 comments:

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday Walker!

The Burke Family said...

Oh he is so Cute! I can't believe that your baby is one already! Happy Birthday!

Brandon and Amber said...

Has a year gone by already? I love all the pictures with the big kids and cake smashed on their faces! Hope Walker had a great birthday!

Kelsie said...

Happy birthday! What a cute boy. I know what you're talking about with hall duty at church ... people keep telling me it will pass. I hope so! :)

Doug and Shayla said...

Happy 1st Birthday! I can't believe it's already been a year. He sure is cute.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! He is so cute!

Beck said...

Walker is so freakin cute! I love Chubby babies. Asher was like that...well he is still like that. haha!

Mike801 said...

Walker is so big & cute! I can't wait to see him (and you)!!!