Monday, September 29, 2008

Disney on Ice




McKartnee and I went to Disney on Ice this weekend. It was a lot of fun. My grandparents used to take us every year while growing up, so it was fun to be able to carry on the tradition with her. She really liked it.
I have to write down a couple of funny things that she has said recentley, so that I don't forget them. She has been a little singer lately, and will try to sing every song that she hears, but she never gets the words quite right. The other day, she was trying to sing the Sweet Escape song, and where it says "Take me away, take me away", she was singing "Give me away, throw me away". I was laughing so hard.
Also, Every time that I talk about Utah, she thinks that I am saying "you" tah. Jimmy's cousin was out here this week, and her little girl Annie and McKartnee really hit it off. They were best buddies. Here is one of the conversations we had about her: McKartnee: Mom, can I go to Annie's house? Me: No, Annie lives is Utah, and that is a long ways away. McKartnee: Annie lives in "My" tah? Me: No Utah, by where grandma lives. McKartnee: Oh, can I go to "My"tah and see grandma and Annie? I love the stage that she is in right now. She is such a fun girl, and we love having her around.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Amy said...

What a great mother/daughter activity. You two are so cute!

estinger said...

Thanks for everything you guys! I can't believe you're still speaking to us after we got your ENTIRE family sick! I really wish we were closer, Annie has been talking about "McKallie" ever since we got home. Oh well, I guess now we have an excuse to get together more often. Love you guys!!!

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

That's so funny. You have to love those moments.

Anonymous said...

You two look so cute! How Fun!

April and Jacque said...

you are the most amazing friend- I had a great conversation with you the other day ! love ya- April

Derek Oberg said...

Did we REALLY see Zorro swing in and cut somebody up the back with his ice skates?? I was so young... I remember seeing SOMETHING and then Mom and Grandma and Grandpa saying that it was only red feathers on the ice. But I still don't know the truth. Haha!

(Oh, and while we're at it... Did Jennifer really go live with somebody on a farm?? Haha.)