Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First Day of School




Yesterday and today were big days for Wyatt and McKartnee. They both started school.
McKartnee started a little joy school yesterday. Last year she had such a hard time with Wyatt going to school, that I knew that she was going to need something this year too. I talked to a few of my friends that have kids the same age. We decided to do a little joy school/play date once a week. It is pretty chill. There are only 4 kids, two boys and two girls. We are just going to focus on learning a letter a week, and do a little learning, but mostly play. She was so excited to go to school. She was so happy all morning, and wanted to get ready first thing. The only problem of the day was when she asked for her backpack. I went in and got Wyatt's old one, because I didn't buy her one. She got a little upset, because it wasn't pink, and she wanted a pink one. I talked her into taking a picture with the blue one on, but she wasn't about to take it to school with her. Even without her back pack, she had a great time.
Wyatt is going to the same preschool that he did last year. I have been so happy with it. The teacher is great. Wyatt loves her. It is through the child development course at the high school, and a lot of the girls in the class are in our ward. Wyatt was so excited to go back today. He got all ready, put his back pack on and wanted to wait outside a half hour before it was time to go. When he got home, I was asking him about his day. I asked him if it was good to see Miss Fin (Miss Finlayson, his teacher), and he said "Yes, she was so happy to see me." It is always so hard to get a lot of info out of him, but I got that they made a puppet of themselves, had cheese balls for snack time, and wrote their names. I can't believe that he is almost 5. When I looked at him today as he was waiting to go to school, he looked so grown up. It just doesn't seem possible. He is such a good kid, and I love watching all of them get so excited for all the firsts. I remember having those same feelings when I was a kid.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow - they are growing up so fast! You have the most adorable kids, Amy! I think it's great that you're doing Joy School. My mom did it for us and I have really fond memories of it.

Unknown said...

Your kids are so big and so cute!

Derek Oberg said...

I can't belive that Wyatt is almost 5 either. It's sooo cute that McKartnee wouldn't use anything but a pink backpack!! I still have my green canvas bag that Mom wrote my name on in sharpie (I think you were with me when we uncovered it in Mom's basement). I use it all the time!

Becka and Bennett said...

AMY- how are you? It seems like forever... we need to do something, maybe this weekend? Ashden's school is M-Th. Its going good, but he is the oldest in his class most of the kids are three. So i am kinda worried he is going to get boared? I dont know what ever its just preschool right? Anyways we have been thinking about you guys and it seems like we have been so busy and havent had a spare second to do anything fun, so lets plan something soon and get together. Hope things are going good. Your kids look so cute! Talk to ya soon!

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Time does go by quickly. I love that she needed the pink backpack. Girls! Wyatt is just too grown up. He needs to stop.

Team Pettijohn said...

Love the Blue Backpack Story. When I was young, I would of reacted the same way...only it would of been mad if I had a pink one. lol. I've missed ya, so I will do better at commenting. Matt and I have both been keeping up on you though. Your kids are so cute, and you are such a great mom! I love all your stories.

Doug and Shayla said...

You're kids are so cute. It's crazy how fast they grow up. I just want to slow down time...I am enjoying this stage way too much (although, I'll probably feel that way about every stage :) Girls and Pink...We used to have a red truck and we sold it a few months ago and Hailey was DEVASTATED because we got a black truck to replace. "Black is a boy color and at least red is kind of close to pink." Hope you guys are doing well.