Thursday, October 30, 2008

Butler Orchards

They have so many "pick your own" farms and orchards out here.   For some reason, I have never taken the kids to one before.  I thought it would be fun to go and pick apples with them, but I waited too long, and missed out on all the apples.  We decided to do the pick your own pumpkin instead.  We went with some good friends of ours to a fun place called Butler Orchards.  They had a corn maze, fun slides, this huge barn full of hay that the kids loved to play in, and some other fun things for the kids.  Then we got take a hayride out to a field and pick out our own pumpkins.  Wyatt of course wanted the biggest one that he saw, but we finally talked him into a normal sized one.  It was a fun day.

7 comments:

estinger said...

Oh I miss you guys so much! We had so much fun being with you. Annie has asked about Wyatt and "McKarlee" several times. It sounds like you had a fun time!

Amberly said...

I think these are the things our kids will remember. It's so fun to see them enjoy holidays. Love ya!

Brandon and Amber said...

I love the pictures in the hay! And McKartnee's hair looks so cute in that headband. So fun!

Team Pettijohn said...

Sounds like lots of fun...there aren't too many farms here in this small city of 8 million, so we haven't the chance to do something like that. I sure will when we get back to the states though. Your kids are such cuties. Hey...just an FYI...it's Sam not Heather commenting. I laughed so hard when I caught them. Sam even updated Heather's blog a couple times.

Jonesy said...

I'm like Wyatt. I wanted a huge one that was yellow but Jonesy talked me into a little one.

Doug and Shayla said...

That looks like so much fun. I have always loved the holidays, but I think with kids it's so much better, because you get to see them fascinated and enjoying things for the first time. :) Hope you guys are doing well.

Becka and Bennett said...

Amy you got some cute pictures! We had a great time! The fall here is so so beautiful. There are so many more colors that we dont get in Utah! We cant thank you enough for letting us still Jimmy for a couple hours to come get us! Tell him Thanks for us! Anytime you need something please always know you can call me! You guys are the best and feel so much like family! Let do something soon! So sorry your not going to Cancun next week... It was so so much fun!