Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Live for the Moment



Because of the season difference between the two, this is the first season that Walker is really wearing all of Wyatt's old clothes. As I see Walker in them, it takes me back to when Wyatt was wearing them. It seems like yesterday, and it is hard to believe that four years have passed since Wyatt wore them.
I really loved general conference this weekend. It is always so inspiring. So many of the talks seemed to relate to things that I, or those close to me have been going through. I really felt a message of peace and hope for this crazy world that we live in. I loved President Monson's talk, especially when he talked about how one day we will miss all the messes and finger prints around the house. I have really been reflecting on how fast my kids are growing up lately. Wyatt will be 5 next month, and my baby isn't even a baby any more.
I feel like I get way too caught up in things that don't matter. I get frustrated when I clean the house and turn around and it is a mess again. I sometimes focus too much on my own things (like blog reading), and I don't focus as much as I should on my kids. I am not as patient as I should be, I could go on and on. I really feel like instead of focusing on these things, I need to remember how precious my kids are, and how fast my time with them will go. I feel so blessed for the opportunity that I have to be a mother, and I know that these days won't last forever. It is my goal to live in the moment, and really focus them and their needs. As I find myself getting frustrated, I am going to try to remember that these are the very things that I will miss one day.
I am very grateful that General Conference comes every six months. I always feel so motivated right afterwards, and then so ready for it to come again.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Abby said...

Amy, You are amazing. You are an amazing and incredible person and mother!! It is true that people grow up so fast and time goes so quickly so I think we could all learn to slow down and enjoy the simple moments of life. I also enjoyed conference and always feel uplifted. But, seriously you rock and your children are so lucky to have such an amazing mother!! I love ya and tell your family hi for me! I can't believe how big Walker is getting!!

Sarah said...

Great insight...I loved President Monson's talk, too. It really put things in perspective, didn't it. :)

Brandon and Amber said...

I totally agree! I was thinking when President Monson was talking about endless piles of laundry and screaming kids that it sounded a whole lot like my life! I have been really trying to enjoy my kid's childhood and make memories because it's true how fast it goes and then we'll have an empty house. I just about balled my eyes out when Samantha went to pre-school, so I don't even want to think about that!

April and Jacque said...

I so agree with you. It just taught me how important it is to live in the moment. My kids have redefined the word patience. I think that you are beyond amazing. I don't know if you heard Elder Uchtdorf's talk a week ago- how women tend to concentrate on what we are not. I think that is a tool of the adversary-because through discouragement we are stifled or not able to progress. It is Heavenly Father who sees what we are and our true potential! April

Kelsie said...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, too. It's so hard to balance things--because I really do want to enjoy my kids, but at the same time, I don't want my house to fall apart! I loved what President Monson said, too. The time does go by so fast! I need to remember that, every day!

Jason said...

AMEN!! -Love you-Cali

Angie H. said...

Amy,
I DIDO that! They grow up way to fast and I also felt inspired by President Monsan's talk on that.
It is good to have a reality check
every now and then. I wish conf. would be every 3 months, I need it!
Love ya girl, your babes are so adorable and too big!

Arielle said...

They grow fast? Oh thank goodness.