Thursday, June 5, 2008

Poor Little Walker


My poor little guy has had the hardest week. First, his front two teeth have been trying to come in for weeks now. The gums are so swollen and sore. He has been a little trooper. While he has been a little more fussy than normal, he still tries so hard to be happy. Today they finally look like they are cutting through. Yeah for him!
On Sunday he was crawling around, and he crawled in our room. He does this a lot because he loves to stand up and talk to himself in our mirror. It is very cute. I thought we had things pretty baby proofed, but he ended up pulling himself up on our dresser using the cord to the alarm clock. He pulled it right down onto his little nose. I don't think the whole thing landed on him. From the little scratch on his nose it looked like it must have just bumped him as it was falling. Thank goodness he didn't get hurt worse!
Well, if those two things weren't enough, on Tuesday, I had to run to the beauty supply store to get some things for Young Womens. I never take my kids there, because it is just to tempting for them to touch and knock down all of the little hair products that are just in their reach. Jimmy was out of town, so this time I had no choice. I put Walker in the cart, and the other two were doing a pretty good job of staying by me. I pushed the cart forward just a little, not even two feet, so that I could see what I needed to get. Sometimes in the grocery store or Target where they have the big carts, Walker will sit in the front Mckartnee will sit down in the big part, and Wyatt will stand on the bar in the front, and I will push all of them. Well I think that is what Wyatt tried to do, only they had the small little carts. As he stood on the bar, the whole cart flipped over, and Walker landed on his forehead on the floor. It happened so fast that by the time I tried to grab the cart, he had already hit the floor. I felt so bad. Walker was screaming, Wyatt felt so bad that he was crying, we had the ladies that worked there frantically trying to help us. I'm sure that everybody else in the store was thinking "What kind of a mother are you". Trust me I was asking myself the same question. I kept Walker awake for a couple of hours and really watched his eyes, and thankfully he was OK. That was pretty traumatic for all of us. I am just so glad that he didn't get any bad injuries from it.
If you look in the pictures, you can see a big bruise on the top left side of his forehead, and a little scratch on his nose. With everything that happens to kids, it is amazing that they make it to adulthood. Hopefully we will be so lucky!!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Kent & Beka said...

Oh, Ging! What a trip to the store! It is amazing what the little guys go through and come out rather unscathed.

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

I agree. I swear babies bounce sometimes. I'm so glad that he wasn't hurt really bad.

estinger said...

Poor Walker!!! At least kids seem to be pretty resiliant. I'm glad he wasn't really hurt. And at least he is still as adorable as ever! I can't wait to see your kids. I only have ever seen Wyatt and he was only weeks old - that's SAD of us!!!

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Ginger, when are you coming out again? I want to plan a get together if you have time when you're out next. Let us know!

Kelsie said...

Oh--poor little boy! It seems that everything has to happen all at once. Luckily they really do recover quickly. He is so cute--what a happy face!

Johnsons said...

Katie,
unfortunately it probably won't be until Christmas. Jeff is getting married at the end of this month, and we were all going to come out for that, but tickets were way to expensive right now. We will definitley have to get together when we do come though.

Beck said...

Walker is so dang cute! I think he is such a good mix of you and Jimmy. I know its obvious he looks like his Dad but you can totally see you in him too. Hopefully my 3rd will resemble me a bit...bc my other 2 are mini me's of Isaac :)

Arielle said...

How come you beat your kids?

Team Pettijohn said...

Poor little Bugga! When it rains it poors...at least you didn't have a Dr. Appt right after the accidents. It seems like kids always have to get hurt right before they go. We had one today and Hazel hurt herself yesterday. She got her head stuck and thought for sure the red mark would last until today. We got lucky this time...lol!