Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Only My Hubby!!


We have had these bushes in our front yard that were probably as old as our house is, and had never been pruned or shaped at all. They were beautiful for a couple of weeks in the spring when they would bloom, but for the rest of the year they just looked like over grown misshaped bushes. We have been talking about taking them out for a while now. On Saturday Jimmy woke up and said that he was going to take them out. I was thinking it was going to be an all day thing to dig 4 huge old bushes out, but I totally underestimated my husband. He said that he was going to the store, and he would be back. He came home with a tow rope, and started watering down the ground around the bushes. Next thing I know, he is hooking one end of the tow rope around the base of the bushes. He hooked the other end up the his car, and pulled the bushes right out. I was laughing so hard, and we got some pretty funny looks from our neighbors and from people driving by, but what could have taken all day only ended up taking about an hour. Jimmy is always good at finding faster methods of getting things done.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Viking CrossFit said...

Only Jimmy, is right! What a stud. Quick and painless way to go for the trees though.

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Sorry, Ginger. I accidentally commented under another account. This is Katie.

In order to do the link list like mine you go to Layout, Add a page element, Blog List. If you already use Google reader you can import them into there. I'm not sure if you can import your list from another page element that is just a list of links. I only found this because I accidentally lost all of my layout and had to redo everything. It looks like it's a new feature, and you can choose which stuff you want to display. Pretty cool. Good luck.

estinger said...

I think that is the only way to actually do landscaping!!!!

Brandon and Amber said...

That totally sounds like Jimmy--at least it was fast and easy, right?!

Kent & Beka said...

Only jimmy- he is always thinking! I love the picture of him in his little car and the big bush behind it! What a day!

Tashina said...

That is the funniest thing ever. It's like a Tim the tool man Taylor moment. (I think that is his name, you know the guy on Home Improvement)