Sunday, June 22, 2008

Exciting Updates

McKartnee updates:  So you all know how I have tried a couple of times to potty train McKartnee with no luck at all.   She was so not interested.  Our cousin Emily told us that her little girl was just as stubborn about it until one day out of the blue she decided she wasn't going to wear diapers anymore, and from that day on she was potty trained.  It just had to be her idea.  

Well, yesterday Wyatt went hometeaching with Jimmy, and Walker was taking a nap.  I turned on a show for McKartnee, and I was in the kitchen getting some food ready for a BBQ.  McKartnee comes running into the kitchen stark naked and says mommy I went poo poo.   Afraid of having to clean up another poop mess I asked her wear.  She took me into to the bathroom, and much to my surprise she had gone in the potty, and was so proud of herself.   I tried to make a huge deal about it.  She called my mom and Jimmy's parents, she got a princess sticker on her chart, and got a treat.  About and hour later, she came out and said I went pee pee.  She had done the same thing without me even having to ask her.  We had a BBQ we were going to, so I had to put a diaper on her for that, but first thing this morning she said she wanted her panties on.  We haven't had any accidents yet, but it is only noon, so I am sure we will have one at some point today.   Wish me luck with this one!!

Walker updates I can't believe that he is going to be one next month.  The time has gone by so fast.  He is at such a fun stage, but I am just wanting him to stay little.  He is growing way too fast.  He is starting to walk, he takes about 5 steps and then falls down, but he is starting to get it.  He also says "yay" , and claps his hands.  It is very cute.  His front teeth finally came through, and he hasn't had any major accidents since the last post. (I probably just jinxed him)  

Wyatt udates:  He is at an age where he really needs interaction with other kids.   He constantly wants friends over.  Right when one friend goes home he is asking for another to come.  He is starting to be such a good helper around the house, which is a big help to me.

We are all loving summer and going to the pool almost every day.

8 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

Yea for the potty training! I hope that she keeps it up for you. I can't believe Walker is almost 1. Where did the time go? And I hear you about Wyatt wanting friends over all the time. Thank goodness Samantha gets to see her friends everyday at swimming lessons, or that's all I would be hearing about. Sounds like you guys are doing great!

Arielle said...

I think we decided to come up the afternoon of the 4th because we are moving into our new house the day before and want to stay there the first night! We're way too excited! We'll have to call when we come in.

PS-is jeff's party a casual thing or should I bring a dress?

Kelsie said...

I know what you mean about them growing up so fast!

And hooray for the potty training! We aren't quite at that point yet, but I'm really not looking forward to it.

Johnsons said...

Arielle, How exciting for you guys!! I think I would want to sleep there too. I know we have to wear a dress, but it is at the farm, so I am sure there will be some of both.

estinger said...

YAY McKartnee!!! It sounds like her and Annie will get along just fabulously (either that or they'll hate each others guts). I can't wait to see you guys. I'm just so proud of her, that's great!!!

The Burke Family said...

Congrats that is so neat that she is trying it all on her own. There are those kids that just have to do things on their own. I hope it all works out for you!

Kent & Beka said...

YAY! Congrats on the potty training! Who cares if she has a couple accidents- at least you know it has sunk in and she IS going to get there! I am so happy for you!
And the friend thing- I am in the same boat. I constantly either have multiple 5 year olds at my house, or I have no tyse and emitt is miserable! Just yesterday I had a 5 year old, a 4 year old, a 2 year old, two 1 year olds, and Ollie. Why not have 6 boys?

Viking CrossFit said...

Congrats! We knew she could do it! I love the updates of the kids. We can't wait to see you all again.