Thursday, November 6, 2008

My little Wy Guy

Today is Wyatt's 5th birthday. It is so hard to believe that he is already 5. Jimmy and I were just talking about how 5 yrs ago today, we were at the hospital. When I first went into the hospital, his little heart was in distress, and they were monitoring it closely until my Dr could get there. When my Dr came and saw his heart rate, He asked how long it would take to numb me. When the anastesioligist said 7 or 8 minutes, he said "we don't have time, put her out" I remember being so scared at that moment, but comforted at the same time by a blessing I had received before we left for the hospital. It said that everything was going to be ok, and that the Dr's hands would be stable and precise. I didn't quite understand what that meant, until right then, realizing that he would be performing a c-section. After I had him, I had to come out of the sedation, so Jimmy had already been holding him for a little while. I will never forget looking into his eyes for the first time. He was so aware that it almost felt like he was looking right through me. My life completly changed at that moment. I remember never realizing that you could love anybody as much as I automatically loved this little baby. My love for him has only grown stronger over the years.
He has been such a great little boy. He has such a tender heart. He gets his feelings hurt so easily, but also gets so sad if he hurts anybody else's feelings. He is very rough and tough with his little sister (I am constantly saying "Be soft, remember she is a girl), but he is also very, very protective of her, and is always telling her "Kartnee you are my best friend". He loves to make little Walker laugh, and Walker just adores him. Wyatt can do anything and Walker just starts giggling. It is very cute. He loves to play catch with dad, and is getting pretty good at throwing and catching a baseball. He loves helping me. Alot of times when I punish them, I make them do chores. Wyatt loves doing them, and alot of the time asks me what else he can clean. (I need to take more advantage of that one!) He has been learning to read, and is really into drawing and coloring lately. I am adding a picture that he just drew that made me laugh so hard. Jason my brother in law had drawn him a picture of a skeleton in church on Sunday. Wyatt was making a Halloween book and drawing everything he could think of that had to do with Halloween. When he brought me the skeleton picture to show me, I was trying so hard not to laugh. He was so proud of the picture, but somehow the pelvic bone on it, had turned into an anotomically correct male if you know what I mean.
It is so fun to watch him grow and progress. Each stage that he goes through is so exciting. It is funny, but with him being my first, I get excited with each step he takes. With my other two though, I am not as eager because I realize how fast my babies are growing up. Happy Birthday my big five year old!!

6 comments:

estinger said...

He is SO ADORABLE Amy, and you're right about him being the sweetest thing ever! I LOVE that picture of the skeleton, it's hilarious! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WYATT!!!

Sarah said...

I can't believe he is 5! What a sweet tribute to your little man.

Arielle said...

Can I just say thank you for giving all of the positives about having a kid! That kind of made me excited for having a boy. Everyone else seems to think I want to hear all their horror stories.

Kelsie said...

I'm glad my little girls get to share their birthday with such a cute--and very sweet--boy. I remember when he was born ... can you believe how fast the time has gone by?! I hope you all had a happy day!

Amy said...

I can't believe Wyatt is 5, my how the time goes. Wish him a happy birthday for us.

Susanna said...

Amy, I'm so glad I found you in the cyber world. You're family is adorable!