Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Christmas Morning


Christmas morning was a huge success. The kids got spoiled rotten. Santa brought Wyatt a new bike, that he is loving to ride. The weather has been so nice here, that he is getting to ride it every day. Yesterday was 65 degrees.
McKartnee got a doll house from Santa. I think she is just enjoying some girl toys instead of all of Wyatt's hand me downs.
Walker got a new high chair. Our old one was a hand me down that didn't have a bar in the middle, and my kids, always managed to squirm their way out. I felt like I could never have them in it without being right there, so I am very happy to have this one.
The kids are loving all of their toys from Grandma and Ema and Upa as well. They got some great things.
We really tried to teach Wyatt the spirit of giving as well as getting this year. Our ward always buys gifts for families that are in need in our community. We decided to buy for a little boy Wyatt's age. His items on his want list were things that Wyatt would have loved as well. With one of the toys we got that Wyatt really wanted he kept saying "Can't I just play with it now, and give it to him when Christmas comes?" We explained how lucky he is to have all of his toys, and how he was giving this little boy,who didn't have alot, a chance to have some new toys to play with too. I think this was a great lesson for him to learn.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amberly said...

Hey Amy,
Your mom just left my house. It always makes me miss you when she comes. Anyway, I loved your christmas card and your blogspot is so cute. Hayley finally talked me into doing one so hopefully we can stay better in touch. The address is thewelkers.blogspot.com.
Love ya,
Amberly

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

It looks like you guys had such a good Christmas. I love that you are continuing and starting traditions of your own. Do you ever feel like you are playing house?

Kent & Beka said...

What great holiday pictures! It has become so much fun to play house! Thanks a ton for the christmas card. The picture was priceless and Walker's announcement so cute! Maybe someday I will be better about the christmas card thing... I was going to attempt valentines, but we will see!