Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Picking out our Christmas tree.






Do you ever feel like the world is going full speed ahead, and you are running in slow motion getting further and further behind? This is how I have felt lately. Between Christmas parties, sick kids, Christmas decorating, traditions, birthday parties, kids getting stitches, seeing Santa, and you name it, I have had plenty to blog about, but no time to do it. I will try to catch up, but it may take awhile.

I will start with picking out our Christmas tree. Last year we cut one down for the first time. We had so much, that we decided to make it a tradition. We learned a couple of lessons from last year; 1. The tree's look alot smaller out in an open field than they do in your house, so this year we took a tape measure, and got a more size appropriate tree for our house. If you want to see what I am talking about see last years post 2. Take a truck to bring the tree home in. The kids had so much fun, and they also got to cut one down for jimmy's parents. This time of year is so fun. I just can't believe that Christmas is almost here.

3 comments:

Team Pettijohn said...

That is a beautiful tree!!! You guys did great! That sounds like it would be a really fun family tradition. I'm looking forward to my girls getting older so they can start remembering fun things like that!

Team Pettijohn said...

P.S. I just read my comment and I sure said "That" a lot! lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.